A Penny for the Band
Justin Rutledge
标签
Another Shirley Temple
新一代秀兰邓波儿
Another Caine and Able
新一代该隐和亚伯
There's nothing out the window,
窗外空空荡荡
And nothing on the table.
桌子上也是如此
This life is like a set list
这种生活就像设置好的列表
Scrawled across the nation
任由天马行空地胡乱涂写
If I miss you at the soundcheck,
如果我在试音的时候思念你
I'll see you at the station.
我就会去车站看看你的身影
There's a beast inside of me,
我的心里住着一只野兽
And he's not bad company
他并不是个差劲的伙伴
But he speaks in tongues I can never understand,
但我总不能理解从他口中说出的话
He says it's one more show and a penny for the band.
他说这不仅是花一分钱买来的一场乐队表演
Keep everybody dancing,
让每个人舞动身体
Keep everybody spending,
让每个人欢度时光
I know I am not a good man,
我知道我还不够优秀
But I can keep pretending.
但是我会保持谦逊
I leaned in the doorway
我倚靠在门口
Your dress is like a dark vale,
你的裙装就像一条晦暗不明的溪谷
But I'm not going your way,
但我不会跟随你的脚步
I'm going back to Parkdale.
我将回到柏岱尔
With a bottle of Burgundy,
带着一瓶勃艮第葡萄酒
Where she waits on the balcony,
她还在那儿的阳台上等待着
With a northern wish and a daisy in her hand,
手中捧着一束雏菊,带着来自北方的祝福
To send me all her love and a penny for the band.
给我带来所有的爱和对乐队的心意
There's a beast inside of me,
我心里住着一只野兽
And I miss my family,
我思念我的家人
All these pages and these stages made of sand,
思念过去记录下的点滴和并不豪华的舞台
Still, it's one more show and a penny for the band,
这不仅是花一分钱买来的一场乐队表演
One more show and a penny for the band.
不仅是花一分钱买来的一场乐队表演