The Stranger
The Stranger
Allan Taylor
标签
A stranger came in from the night
深夜一个陌生人走了进来
And he stood as if lost in a dream.
他站在那儿好像遗失在梦里
His smile was as sad as a true love denied
他微笑但是笑里充满哀伤,仿佛再也没有真爱
And his voice was a song in the wind.
他的声音像风中的歌
I have travelled for many-a-mile
我还有一段路要去旅行
And my journey I cannot delay,
我不能耽误
But I must rest for a while
但是我得歇会儿
For I'm weary and cold
因为我现在饥寒交迫
And tomorrow I'll be on my way.
明天我会再次踏上我的旅程
Give me fire to keep out the cold.
请给我温暖抗拒寒冷
Close the shutters and make fast the door.
收起东西关了店铺
Give me food for the night and a candle for light
给我食物让我度过寒夜,给我蜡烛给我光明
And I will make up my bed on the floor.
我会在地上铺好我的床
I have nothing to give for my keep
今晚可留宿我什么也不能回报
And your favours I cannot repay,
你的恩惠我也不能报答
But a gift is not measured in silver and gold ...
但是有个无价的礼物
It's a memory that's treasured each day.
就是珍惜每一天的回忆
The stranger arose with the dawn
这个陌生人在黎明起身离开
And he shouldered his travelling load.
他用肩膀挑起他的行李
Without making a sound he took one look around
他静静的看了一下这个房间
And the stranger – he took to the road.
然后这个陌生人上路了
When the cold wind hounds in the night
当寒风在夜里嘶吼
And the rain beats hard on the door,
冷雨敲击地面
A voice in the wind seems to echo again
风中似乎有个声音再回响
And the stranger is travelling once more …
陌生人再次踏上旅途